Kale Salad with Grilled Wagyu Beef Sausage and Dried Cherries
- 1 package Lone Mountain Wagyu 100% Fullblood Wagyu Beef Sausages
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 tightly packed cups shredded lacinato kale
- 2 Tablespoons dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside to let onions lightly pickle, about 10 minutes.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, add the yogurt and honey to the bowl with onion and stir until combined. Add kale, cherries, feta, and pine nuts and toss until the kale is well coated in the dressing. Set aside at room temperature while grilling the sausages.
- Grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until thoroughly cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Slice sausage and serve over salad.
If you would like to learn more about kale, please visit Helen Nichol's page for the health benefits of Kale by clicking here.