Are you a fan of traditional bread stuffing? Then you will be a fanatic for our Lone Mountain Ground Wagyu Beef and Pignoli Bread Stuffing with Chard. This Stuffing is moist and full of flavor… a Thanksgiving star all on it’s own! The Wagyu juices absorb into the bread, creating a succulent burst with every bite. This recipe is easily modified to be gluten free, as indicated below.
Ground Wagyu Beef and Pignoli Bread Stuffing with Chard
Prep Time: 35 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound Lone Mountain Wagyu Ground Beef
- 4 cups cubed rosemary bread
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 cup shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 3 large celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 lb (about 1 bunch) chard, stem ends trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts**
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 Tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken or fresh turkey broth
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 2 quart or 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
Chop bread into one inch cubes and spread evenly over a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until slightly dry, about 10 minutes, and set aside*.
Sautee Ground Wagyu Beef in a large skillet over medium heat, cooking for about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl. Add butter or olive oil to skillet and allow to melt/heat. Add shallots and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and celery and cook until tender, about 20 minutes, adding chard after about 15 minutes. Mix in pine nuts**, parley, marjoram, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine ground beef, cubed bread, and vegetable blend in a large bowl with 1 cup of broth, mixing well. Stir in remaining stock. Transfer to a prepared baking dish and bake until tip is crisp and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
* To make this dish gluten free, simply replace the bread with brown rice bread and add 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary to the vegetables. We tried it with Ener-G Brown Rice Loaf and it was great!
** To toast raw pine nuts, heat the nuts in a skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.