Ribeye steaks are always a popular choice for their excellent marbling and rich beefy flavor. This steak can come boneless or with a bone, often called prime rib steak. Ribeye steaks taste best when cooked between rare and medium. It’s best to cook with high-heat cooking methods, like grilling, to accomplish the perfect tenderness. Keep reading our ribeye grilling guide about how long you should grill ribeye to learn how to achieve the perfect steak.
Have the Appropriate Tools for Grilling
Before grilling your ribeye, you need the tools to cook your meal. These tools include:
- Grilling tongs for flipping your steak
- Wire grill brush so you can have a clean grill
- Meat thermometer to avoid overdone or undercooked steak
- Timer to keep track of time while you grill your steak
Add a Few Ingredients To Enhance Flavor
Even though ribeye steaks have a rich and buttery flavor, you can add a few ingredients to enhance the taste. These ingredients include:
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Chili powder (optional)
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Garlic and fresh herbs (optional)
- Garlic butter (optional)
How To Grill a Perfect Ribeye Steak
Finally, how does one grill the perfect steak, and how long should you grill your ribeye?
About 12 hours before cooking your ribeye, brush both sides with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides, and place it back in the refrigerator.
Here’s how to cook the best ribeye you’ve ever had:
- Take your steaks out of the refrigerator and allow them to temper for about 30 minutes before grilling
- Preheat your grill to 450-500 degrees
- Place steaks on the grill and let them cook for 4-5 minutes on each side—Cook for an additional 3 minutes for medium-rare
Tip: Use your meat thermometer to check your meat’s temperature and ensure you don’t over- or undercook it.
Additional Tips for Grilling
- Allow your steaks to rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving
- If you can, trim any excess fat along the edge of your steak
Cooking the perfect ribeye steak isn’t tricky or complicated! Now that you know the appropriate time of how long you grill ribeye steaks, you’re ready to fire up the grill and serve the best steak you and your friends have ever had!
If you’re looking to sample some of the highest quality steaks, check out our Wagyu beef set. Here at Lone Mountain Wagyu, we produce exceptional high-end steaks. We’ve carefully selected cuts of meat with excellent marbling and tenderness in our beef set.