One element that makes our Wagyu Flat Iron such an incredible cut is its versatility and ability to soak up marinades and flavors while maintaining its own distinct taste. This Thai-Peanut dish infuses asian flavors into the steak for a savory and aromatic dish that is sure to satisfy.
Thai-Peanut Grilled Flat Iron Wagyu Steak with Soba Noodles
- 1 Lone Mountain Wagyu Fullblood Wagyu Flat Iron Steak
- 1 pound dried soba noodles or whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup smooth all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated with a microplane zester
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 1.5 tsp sambal, oelek, Siracha, or other chile sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes (any or all): julienned cucumber, green apple, carrots, fresh cilantro, thinly sliced green onion, roughtly chopped roasted and salted peanuts.
- Pat steak dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper and place in a shallow glass baking pan.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to high heat (475 degrees F).
- Put on a large pot of salted water to boil
- Scrape grill clean and lightly oil.
- Cook steak on the hottest part of the grill until seared, about 4 minutes. Flip and sear the other side, about 3.5-4 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook until al dente. (time to be finished a few minutes before steak is done resting)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, lime juice and chile sauce. Stir until smooth and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water from the pot. Drain noodles and add them to the sauce. Toss to coat well and add the reserved pasta water as needed to thin the sauce.
- Thinly slice steak into 1/4 inch slices, against the grain.
- Add heavier garnishes (such as carrots, apples, and cucumber) to the noodles. Toss well to incorporate and evenly distribute ingredients.
- Place noodles on platter for serving. Lay the sliced steak on top and sprinkle generously with cilantro, green onions, and chopped peanuts if using.